Apples are very nutritious fruits/ snacks that provide healthy benefits to the body. An average small/ medium apple of various varieties (About 154g) supplies:
Sugars (out of the carbohydrate): 16-18.45g
No wonder the adage * An Apple A day KEEPS the DOCTOR AWAY* has some truth in it. This can be attributed to its rich potassium/ fiber content which is good for the heart.
Sometimes when sick, we loose appetite to consume fruits and even fruits. Therefore sauces are the best way to enjoy your fruits as well as bring back our appetite taste. They are even very good for building a healthy gut. This apple sauce recipe so easy to make, budget friendly and yummicious.
Ingredients (Servings: 5)
- 5 Medium Sized Apples (Cored and Sliced)
- 1-2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey (Optional)
Method Of Preparation
- Add ingredients 1-3 in a medium pot and place over medium heat.
- Add in enough water to cover the surface of the apples a little bit.
- Cook Mixture for 30 minutes until apples are soft And Tender.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Blend into a smooth liquid Paste and store in a Air Tight container.
- This can be used to wean an infant at 6months
- Can be taken as a Snack.
- Poured over a Pie
- Cake (See my strawberry recipe https://www.nutrientdoctor.com/2018/06/strawberry-banana-oatmeal-cake.html) or
- Ice-cream ( see my Banana Ice-cream recipe https://www.nutrientdoctor.com/2018/07/frozen-banana-ice-cream.html) to have that additional fruity taste.