I recently made a slight change to my diet by reducing the amount of carbs I eat for dinner (Reasons I will be explaining in a book soon!!). I started trying new low-carb recipes and boy o boy did bok-choy/ lettuce sharwama win a gold medal.
This sharwama taste as delicious as regular sharwama and they richer in fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and lower in calories ideal for weight management/ weight loss. For the dressing I used, reduced fat Mayo by Hellman which supplies ONLY 25-calories per tablespoon. You can use olive oil/ canola as a substitute for the mayo. Did I forget to add that you can get this meal fixed under 30-minutes?
I used bok-choy for this recipe, however, if you use lettuce, you will get the-same perfect taste as with bok-choy.
- 3 Bok-choy OR lettuce boats (washed & strained)
- 1 whole tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 avocado (diced)
- Scrabbled eggs (Using 3 egg whites, onions, diced carrot)
- 1 tsp raisins (optional)
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat mayo OR 1tsp olive oil/ canola
- 1 tsp ketchup
- pepper (I used paprika)
- Sugar (for taste)
- water OR any milk (I used soy-milk)
- Mix salad dressing ingredients uniformly and set aside.
- For each bok-choy/ lettuce boat, fill it in with omelet, tomato, avocados, and dress with some salad dressing.
- Serve with a serving of fruit like 1 orange, mango, banana e.t.c.
Did you enjoy this recipe? How did you make yours?
Please drop your comments....Thank you!