The journey of adopting healthy eating lifestyle requires us to make swaps in cooking methods. Irish potato chips is everyone's fave. However frying adds in lots of calories especially when consumed together with other fried foods. This simple recipe will not only cut down calories from frying, but gives that crunchy crisp taste like fried chips.
Ingredients (serving size: 3)
- 2 big size Irish potato (Peeled)
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste (I used black pepper)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Preparation Method (Prep time: 20-minutes; Baking time: 1 hr- 1hr:30minutes)
- Cut Potato into vertical chips shape (see image) and place in a bowl
- Add in salt, paprika, curry, pepper, oil and mix properly.
- Allow to sit for 10-minutes to enhance flavor into chips
- Heat oven to 400 F and bake chips until crisp.
- Serve warm or hot with sauce, ketchup
Ready to be baked!!
I paired my chips (baked) with home-made fried wings (see recipe: https://www.nutrientdoctor.com/2019/01/fried-chicken-wings.html) and spinach salad.
Notes: swapping fried chips for baked chips cuts down calories. Add in a salad leaves me fuller (fiber) and reduces the amount of chips/ wings I get to consume. You can use local oven in the absence of electric.
HEALTHY EATING AIN'T STARVATION. It only requires knowledge and practice!!
Post a Comment