Spoiling yourself to special treats occasionally is very important even on a healthy lifestyle. What is important is moderation, and staying very active during such times.
I created this delicious homemade fried wings which can serve for lunch, dinner or pot-luck. The secret of this recipe is to have the wings marinate for more than 12-hours to enhance the juicy flavor of the chicken. I marinated mine overnight.
- 10 pieces chicken wings (pat dry with towel to remove excess water after washing)
- Garlic cloves
- Ginger (fresh & peeled)
- Red onions
- Habanero pepper (1)
- salt for taste
- soy-sauce/ bouillon cube like Maggi/ knorr
- 2 eggs ( whisked for egg wash)
Method of Prep: For marination;
- blend garlic, ginger, onions, habanero pepper into a paste and pour over wings.
- Season with curry, paprika, soy-sauce/ bouillon cube, salt to taste
- Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature or in the refrigerate for more than 12-hours
- If wings were in the refrigerator, Allow to thaw to warmness before frying.
- Pour oil into a pot enough for deep-frying and place over heat
- Add salt and pepper into flour and mix properly
- Take wings, one piece at a time, dipped into flour, then into egg-wash and finally into flour again.
- Drop wings into hot oil and fry till golden brown
- Serve hot/ warm
How I ate Mine:
Because every meal deserves some sense of healthy in it, I paired mine with baked Irish potato chips (see recipe here: http://www.nutrientdoctor.com/2019/01/irish-potato-chips-baked-healthier.html) and spinach salad. This was absolutely delicious and I felt guilt-free.
|How I ate mine !!😋|
Would you try this? If yes, how would you eat it?
Please share with a friend and subscribe for free.