Having a healthy, nutrient rich breakfast is vital to kick-start each day with the right energy. Breakfast rich in protein, healthy fat and moderate in carbohydrate (whole grains and fiber) leave you satiated for a long time.
My breakfast omelet is super easy to make and has all the freshness to make you smile.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg-white
- Fresh ginger (chopped)
- Fresh garlic (chopped)
- Fresh Jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- Onions (chopped)
- Liquid milk (makes it more fluffy)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Vegetable oil
Method of Preparation (Omelette):
- Place frying pan oven medium heat stove
- Place ginger, garlic, jalapeno pepper, onions, vegetable oil and salt into the pan and stir continuously to softness.
- Taste for salt and add in a little balsamic vinegar, turmeric and stir.
- While stirring, spices arrange evenly around in the pan.
- Beat eggs with milk and pour over the heated spices.
- Cover pan and cook for 5-minutes and flip to the other side for an extra 5-minutes.
- Serve warm.
Method: Mash Avocado and place on top of bread. Place Omelet on top of Avocado to form layers. Slice through to enjoy (YUMMY 😊!!)
- 1 slice whole wheat bread (supplies 20g carbs (about 1 serving of CHO)
- 1 whole medium avocado (Source of healthy fat)
- Omelet (Source of protein) (14g protein)
- 1 cup milk (1% low-fat)
Remember: HEALTHY EATING is NOT STARVATION!!
Post a Comment