Happy Friyay 😃😅!!
The weekend comes with meal planning if eating healthy is a goal for you. Therefore, due to the crave for soft soda drinks which are usually sugar energy dense, I advice my clients to make homemade drinks to manage their cravings.
DRUMS ROLLING........................Zobo (hibiscus) drink recipe is to the rescue as one of such drinks.
Zobo is a specie of Hibiscus flower which is dried and used to make the zobo drink. It's name & peculiarity originates from the Northern part of Nigeria.
Having lived in the North for sometime, This has been one of my all time favourite.
- Dried Zobo Leaves (2-cups)
- Pineapple bark peels
- Cloves (Kanafuru in Hausa (Nigeria))
- Ginger (Blended with skin), Gives it the special flavor.
- Sugar (optional)
- Get a Medium big pot
- Wash Pineapple skin, cloves with water and place into the pot.
- Wash the Zobo leaves under running water and place into the pot too.
- Add in 7 cups of water (1 cup=200-250mls) into the pot as well the blended ginger.
- Place pot over medium heat stove.
- From the pot it starts boiling, cook for 15mins and bring down to cool.
- After 10mins of cooling, pass through a sieve or coriander to obtain only the liquid.
- After the liquid feels cold to touch, add in sugar to taste if you wish.
- Chill and serve cold...
P.S: Zobo leaves provide great health benefits backed up by research. I will upload that soon and hope the drink help fight your cravings.
REMEMBER: Everything about food Centers on MODERATION, BALANCE & VARIETY.
Share with friends and please subscribe for free for future notification....
Post a Comment