Do you know that the healthy probiotics contained in yogurt make them a great breakfast, snacks to replenish the natural body's micro-flora for a great immune system and digestion?
There are so many parfait recipes out there but this are my to go rules in making parfait:
- Use Fat-free, plain (added sugar- free) yogurt: This will enable you sweeten with fresh fruits and dried fruits to taste without building up calories.
- In order to reduce the amount of added sugar used, substitute with sweeteners like STEVIA.
- Use healthy fats like chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seed, pistachios.
This parfait is very easy to build and simply delicious.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 cup yogurt (fat-free and plain) ( supplies 12g of protein, 17g of CHO)
- 2 tbsp flax seed (supplies 6g of fat, 3g of protein)
- 1 tbsp chia seed (supplies 4g of fat, 3g of protein)
- 1 handful blueberries (fresh)
- 1 medium size banana (supplies 15g of CHO , 1 serving of CHO)
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp sweetener (stevia)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp liquid milk
- Get a clean cup, divide yogurt into 3 equal parts and place 1 part on the base of cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon flax seed on top of yogurt, add blueberries on top and drizzle honey.
- Place yogurt part 2 on top of honey mixture, and add in chia seeds and half banana slice.
- Add the last yogurt part, 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, remaining banana slices, sweetener and dried fruit.
- Drizzle milk on top and consume immediately.
How do you like your parfait? Please leave your comments and share with friends!!