Preparing for a pot-luck? On a budget? This recipe is not only budget-friendly but easy to prepare for any occasion or family/ personal consumption.
SECRET OF THIS RECIPE: Marinate the gizzards 24-hours prior to the day of preparation. It does the magic test.
|Yummy Peppered Gizzard!!|
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh onions
- Bouillon cube (Maggi) or soy-sauce
- Dijon Mustard (like 1 teaspoon)
- Curry spice powder
- Italian Seasoning (it contains thyme, rosemary)
|Ingredients used for marinating!!|
- Red, yellow and orange sweet ball peppers (sliced)
- Ketchup (Optional)
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh onions (sliced)
- Blend 1-4 marinating ingredients and pour over the gizzards in a pot.
- Season with 5-8 to taste and place in a refrigerator to marinate for 24-hours.
- On the next day, Place over medium heat stove and cook until it is tender and juicy (P.S: don't cook over high heat because it will harden the meat and kill of the juice).
- When the gizzard cooks to tender, drain it from the stock in a coriander/ sieve and reserve the stock for future meals like fried rice or Jellof rice.
- Heat a frying pan lightly with oil
- Put in the ball peppers, onions and little salt to taste, Stir to juice out the flavor for 5-minutes.
- Add in the gizzard and stir for like 5-minutes.
- Add in a little ketchup and stir for extra 3 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm with a smoothie (check recipe) for Lunch or dinner.
Healthy eating is not BORING, what is important is meal preparation, moderation, variety, balance.
You got questions, send emails to email@example.com