Pineapple is a tropical fruit rich in flavor and nutrients. Pineapple is not just an ordinary fruit and that is why is stays on the table of one of my favorites.
A 100g cut pineapple (See serving size Photo) supplies:
Energy: 52 calories, Dietary fiber: 1.40g, Carbohydrate: 13.7 g, protein: 0.54 g, Magnesium: 12 mg, Calcium: 16 mg, Potassium: 150 mg, Phosphorus:11 mg, Vitamin A: 130 I.U, Vitamin C: 24 mg.
One important feature of pineapple is its richness in BROMELAIN. Bromelain is a natural sulfhydryl compound that contains proteolytic (protein) enzymes which aids digestion.
Hint: When you consume legumes like beans or over-eat proteinious foods like meat, take a glass of fresh pineapple juice or eat some fresh pineapple cuts. In an hour you will feel better and lighter with a flat belly (it works for me and everyone that has tried it, especially the elderly!!!).
Benefits Of Pineapple.
|1 Serving Size!!!|
- It's richness in phosphorus speeds up metabolism which aid weight loss and debloating.
- Provides digestive aid by improving protein digestion and utilization in humans (Action of bromelain)
- Prevents inflammation in the body like flu, cold, cough (this is due to it rich content of Vitamin C and Magnesium)
- It provides defense against free radical damage that could lead to cancerous cells (This is due to it rich Vitamin C content which acts as an antioxidant).
- It provides speedy healing from bruises, hematoma, strains and torn ligaments (Thanks to its rich enzyme content).
- It is beneficial in rheumatoid arthritis by decreasing soft tissue swelling.
- It helps in bone formation (this is due to its richness in phosphorus and manganese).
- Vitamin C in pineapple supports the formation of collagen in bones, cartilage, blood vessels and muscles
- Vitamin C also helps you absorb Iron from the food you eat (this is more important for women to know especially those still on menstrual cycle).
- The bromelain cleanses the kidney and protects the liver from damage specially caused by alcohol.
- Did I forget the Rich Fiber content? Not at all, It helps to cure constipation and irregular bowel movement.
Amir Abbas et al., 2017 in a current research showed that pineapple extracts is effective to enhance cognitive disorders and provide hepaprotective effect to the liver of mice (which can have the-same effect in humans).
Hossain, Akhtar & Anwar (2015) also reported that drinking pineapple juice in the morning gets rid of nausea and vomiting sensation (This will be beneficial for pregnant women, I guess)!.
BEST WAY TO ENJOY PINEAPPLE:
- In smoothies (if you need recipes, check my PARPINAS recipe post on the website)
- As in-between meal snacks
- As an accompaniment with your food
- Make into a juice.
After all written, I am not directing you to go consume a bowl of pineapple or solely depend on pineapple as your only fruit intake. The KEY is MODERATION!!! I am being generous enough to share with you the extra benefits pineapple gives to your body each time you consume it (lol).
Did you enjoy this post? Leave me with your comments and lets interact better (I want to hear from each and everyone of you.). Please also follow my pages and subscribe free for new notifications.
Remember KNOWLEDGE is POWER!! Don't keep it to yourself alone, Share with friends.
Amir Abbas Momtazi-borojeni,Hojjat Sadeghi-Aliabadi,Mohammed Rabbani,Alireza Ghannadi,and Elham Abdollahi (2017). Cognitive enhancing of pineapple extract and juice in scopolamine-induced amnesia in mice.Res Pharm Sci. 2017 Jun; 12(3): 257–264.
Md. Farid Hossain, Shaheen Akhtar, Mustafa Anwar (2015). Nutritional Value and Medicinal Benefits of Pineapple. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences 2015; 4(1): 84-88.https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3d51/9765af232d4bd9c21b8a86ec282aed59cd44.pdf
Post a Comment