Oatmeal Banana chocolate cake glows on our menu today. I am sucker for Chocolate especially dark chocolate.
This recipe requires only 10 minutes to prepare. Such a quick way to eat healthy right?
- You don't need a cake mixer to get the perfect texture.
- I did not add any butter, margarine or oil and it still came out perfect. Cutting calories.
(Preparation time: 10mins)
Baking pan coated with a little oil and dusted with flour to prevent sticking
Bowl for mixing
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of overnight soaked oatmeal (check previous post on how to do this, it is very simple to make!)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30g sweetened chocolate
- 30g unsweetened dark chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon leveled cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence flavor
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of decaffeinated coffee (optional)
- Raisins coated with little flour (This will help it not to settle on the bottom of the cake).
Heat your oven to 325F (if you don't have an electric oven, make use of the local oven over a stove)
- Get a medium pot, put in the chocolate and place over a low heat to melt.
- Get a bowl, and mash bananas with a fork
- Add in your coffee, cinnamon, vanilla flavor, salt and sugar into the mashed bananas and mix well using a whisk.
- Move in 3 into pot containing the chocolate and whisk well.
- Add in overnight soaked oatmeal, flour, baking powder and whisk well until it's uniform in color.
- Add in the raisins and fold gently until the batter is well mixed. Pour into a pan.
- Bake for 20mins, then reduce the oven to 300F and bake for another 15mins. Cake it done when a knife is dipped into the center and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool (please don't be in a hurry to burn your tongue, lol)
Do you like my blog contents? Are they helpful?? what more would you like to see me share on???
Please leave your comments and try out my recipes (they are part of my glowing secrets oohh).
Eating healthy does not have be starvation!!!
Subscribe freely for future post alert. send your concerns and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment